Getting Here is Part of the Journey
Maybe it’s the sun on your face. Maybe it’s the wind in your hair… the distant cries of gulls overhead, or the briny scent of the churning sea. Whatever the reason, the ferry to Martha’s Vineyard does more than take you to Oak Bluffs or Vineyard Haven; it transports you… escorts you to a different, more carefree state of mind. The ocean air and the beauty of the sea will make you realize your vacation’s already begun, even before you make landfall on this classic island paradise.
Welcome, one and all, to the magic of Martha’s Vineyard.
Getting to the Island by Air and by Sea
The Harbor View Hotel is located in Edgartown, on the island of Martha’s Vineyard. Our unique island locale means there are only two ways to arrive and depart – by sea or by air. With pristine beaches, shops, restaurants, and activities just outside our doors, we encourage you to leave the car behind. Should you need to travel to other parts of the island, Harbor View Hotel has Mercedes-Benz vehicles for guests to use based on availability, and we can arrange for rental cars or taxis.
The most popular ways to get travel to the island is on the The Steamship Authority, a year round ferry service to Martha’s Vineyard from Woods Hole on Cape Cod and also the only option if you’re planning to bring your car to the Island. Advance reservations are required.
There are several flight options to Martha’s Vineyard, please visit MVY Airport, for airlines serving Martha’s Vineyard.
Here is an easy to read table of all the flights and ferries to get you here with useful link to the ferries and Airlines.
Direct flights depart from:
- Boston, Hyannis, Nantucket and New Bedford, MA
- JFK, Laguardia and Westchester, New York
- Washington DC
- Philadelphia, PA
- Charlotte, NC
Ferries depart from:
- Falmouth, Woods Hole, Hyannis, New Bedford and Nantucket, MA
- North Kingston, RI
- Highlands, NJ
Luxury Car Service is available to the ferries from Boston airport and the Boston metro area at attractive rates. Call our concierge to book. Parking is also available at all the ferries.
On Island Transportation
Harbor View Hotel is steps away from the town center on beautiful North Water Street. Many of our guests find that an automobile is not necessary, but if you want to take a ride to explore the island, here are the options.
- Mercedes-Benz Drive Program – Harbor View Hotel offers guests complimentary use of one of our luxury Mercedes-Benz vehicles subject to availability and terms and conditions. Vehicles can be booked for 2 hours at a time.
- Luxury SUV Car Service – Luxury SUV Car Service is available for arrival and departure to and from the hotel and for any trips around the island. Guests enjoy the luxury vehicles, the direct route to the hotel and the ease of billing. Many other island taxis are shared, each passenger is charged for the whole trip, and payment is cash only.
- Rental Cars – Harbor View Hotel is happy to arrange a rental car for you while you are on the Island.